Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome, Guest

Did you know that there is a whole world of functionality you're not seeing? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Bottom of Page
General: Well here it is
1 to 6 of 6
Nov 27th 2005
Some forums to do discussion in are here.

Now.. how are they going to be moderated etc ?
Dec 3rd 2005
hello everyone, is it me? or am i the first person to post here?

apart from collecting lots of old computers, what exactly is the point of matilda?

Why are you able to occupy a prime space in the city centre that should have been developed into flats for trendy proffesionals only to complain about the 'noise' once they realise that they cannot have Leicester Square and Market Bosworth in the same Big Mac.

By the way, all those monitors will make your balls swell up like melons.
Dec 4th 2005
"apart from collecting lots of old computers, what exactly is the point of matilda?"

We only have loads of old computers because they're easy to get if you have no money !.. Plus you can use them to provide lots of useful service on them if you have 1/2 a clue.
As to what goes on in the rest of Matilda ?
There are some artists who paint 'n stuff.
There is a cafe there.
Bands play and have gigs.
.. erm other stuff
Jan 9th 2006
Film shows
Parties
weekly Monday meeting where everyone falls out with each other
weekly social with grub on Thursdays where we all make friends again (well mostly)

and other stuff too
Feb 9th 2006
Hey. It'd be cool to hold clsses there where people can learn to to grow and cook cheap healthy food, or DIY furniture etc.
Or u could have a political satire stand up comedy club. I know a few candidates. I used to be in ISYF and instead of doing anything (against capitalism/towards social justice) everyone was so well educated and ridiculously witty that the whole thing was just constant witty remarks etc.
It was quite funny though.
Also, what does everyone think is one of the main changes society must see in order to lessen the dependance on capitalism?
I'd say probably alternative energy sources etc. Imagine if we didnt rely on em for that? I know it's a bit obvious but like y'know it's true.
Imagine if the fuel for our houses was sourced from like our waste paper etc. I know uve heard it all before but Id would be brilliant.
PS (Dont travel FIRST)
Feb 18th 2006
Hey guys,
I've no idea if this is the right place to ask this, but I was wondering if it's possible to use/hire out a room to meet in at Matilda? I'm looking for a space for about 10 people to meet in from 10 'til 5 on Saturday the 25th (next Saturday). We're all members of the Woodcraft Folk and are meeting to discuss some arrangements for evening programme at Global Village this summer. If you can help us out it would be much MUCH appreciated. I'll keep checking this forum but if anyone's able to contact me my number is 07905867294 and my email is ringaringarosa@hotmail.com.
Thank you,
Rosa T
1 to 6 of 6
Top of PageBack to discussions